In adopting the following guiding principles of the Athlete Friendly Education Scheme set out by the Singapore Sports Institute (SSI), the SSM endeavors to provide student-athletes an environment to balance both their academic and sporting pursuits.
Discretionary admission by virtue of sports achievements:
- In addition to academic performance, national athletes may wish to apply for admission into the programme through the University's Discretionary Admissions (DA) scheme.
Flexible study options:
- Student-athletes may choose to extend their candidature in the programme up to 6 years (instead of 4 years).
A customised academic load per semester could be negotiated with the school coordinator based on the student-athlete's training and competition schedule.
- Support for leave of absence during term time for training camps and competitions.
- Provision of alternative arrangements for final examinations within a week before the actual examination dates due to training camps and major competitions, with early notifications to the school.
- Provision of alternative deadlines for assessments due to training camps and competitions.
- Provision of any other academic support (study materials, course consultation, etc) where necessary.