Rules Governing the Use of Calculators at Examinations
- All calculators to be used at examinations must be registered with the School and affixed with a seal. A list of approved calculators, which will be updated by the School from time to time, are posted at the respective School's website for reference. Students only need to register their calculator with their School once during their period of study in the University. Re-registration of calculator is only required if there is a change of calculator or the seal on previously registered calculator is broken.
- Graphic calculators which are included in the list of approved calculators must be reset i.e.all memory must be cleared prior to any examination.
- Invigilators will check calculators at each examination session.Disciplinary action will be taken against any candidate who brings a calculator for examination that does not meet the regulations spelt out in Paragraph 1 and 2 above.
- No candidate may claim for special consideration due to inability to use a calculator or for non-possession of a calculator. Candidates are not allowed to borrow calculators from other candidates after entering the examination hall.
- Candidates must ensure that their calculator is in good working condition and bring their own spare batteries. Requests for replacement of calculator during an examination will not be entertained.
- The use of slide rulers is permitted at examinations.
Note: Candidates are not allowed to bring the cover of their calculator into the examination hall.
Please register/ re-register your calculator at the SSM general office (NIE5-03-09) at any time during the following hours:
9:00am to 5.30pm (Mondays to Thursdays)
9:00am to 5:00pm (Fridays)